Want to keep up with what’s happening in the photo industry? Then this list is for you. We were planning to stop at 50, but before we knew it we ended up with a whopping 101 photo professionals that we think have the most engaging Twitter feeds out there.
We’ve included feeds that are informative, entertaining, and most importantly that offer us a window into the interests and inspirations of some of the most creative people in the photo world. Whether at the pinnacle of their careers or just starting out, the overriding common thread of those that made the list is that they all share a passion for photography and want to share their knowledge and findings with their followers.
Note: The list is in no particular order.
1. Donald R. Winslow / @donaldrwinslow
Editor at News Photographer magazine for NPPA. Teaches at John Cabot University & John Felice Rome Center.
2. David Campbell / @davidc7
Visual storytelling, politics, social media. Secretary to World Press Photo 2014 contest jury.
3. Kathy Ryan / @ryan_kathy
Director of Photography at The New York Times Magazine.
4. Ken Geiger / @kengeiger
Deputy Director of Photography at National Geographic Magazine and Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer.
5. Michael Wichita / @MichaelWichita
Director of Photography for AARP Media in DC.
6. Vaughn Wallace / @vaughnwallace
Deputy Photo Editor at Al Jazeera America.
7. Kira Pollack / @KiraPollack
Director of Photography and Visual Enterprise at TIME and Executive Producer of Red Border Films.
8. Alessia Glaviano / @AlessiaGlaviano
Senior Photo Editor at Vogue Italia and L’Uomo Vogue.
9. Patrick Witty / @patrickwitty
Director of Photography at WIRED.
10. Judith Wesch / @judith_photo
Photo Editor at Le Figaro.
11. Yumi Goto / @Yumi_Goto
Independent photo documentary/reportage project researcher, coordinator, consultant, editor and curator.
12. Rodrigo Orrantia / @rodrigoorrantia
Photography curator, focusing on art photography publication and exhibition projects at DMB and Lucid-ly.
13. Santiago Lyon / @slyon66
Vice President and Director of Photography at The Associated Press.
14. Helen Trompeteler / @htrompeteler
Assistant Curator of Photographs at The National Portrait Gallery.
15. Charles Guice / @CharlesGuice
Founder of Charles Guice Contemporary, which features modern and contemporary art, film/video and new media by nationally and internationally recognized visual artists.
16. Fiona Rogers / @Fiona_Rogers
Cultural and Education Manager, Magnum Photos London, and Founder of Firecracker, an online platform supporting European women photographers.
17. Patrick Baz / @Patrick_Baz
MENA Photo Manager for Agence France-Presse; has covered all major Mideast conflicts and crises—Bosnia, Somalia and Afghanistan.
18. Wayne Ford / @wayneford
Designer/Creative Director—visual identity and communication.
19. SMBHmag / @BarryWHughes
Editor at online photography magazine, SMBHmag (SuperMassiveBlackHole).
20. Emma Bowkett / @emmalbowkett
Photo Editor at the Financial Times FT Weekend Magazine.
21. Elizabeth Orcutt / @PixEditor
Deputy Picture Editor at The Times, academic artist (photography), PhD student and lecturer at Falmouth University.
22. Brad Smith / @BradSmithSI
Director of Photography for Sports Illustrated.
23. Rebecca Mcclelland / @rlmcclelland
Group Photo Editor at New Statesman, PCP Associate Lecturer Photo UCA, and Creative Director Ian Parry Scholarship.
24. Matthew Leifheit / @matte_mag
Photo Editor at VICE and Editor-in-Chief of MATTE Magazine.
25. Ángel Luis González / @bohoe
Founder and Director of PhotoIreland and The Library Project.
26. Stuart Pilkington / @stupilkington
Art photography curator and curator of ‘The Swap.’
27. Matt M. McKnight / @mattmillsphoto
Photo editor, news junkie, and freelance photojournalist.
28. Scott Braut / @scottbraut
VP of Content for Shutterstock and Offset.
29. Louise Clements / @mazmanian
Artistic Director of QUAD & FORMAT International Photo Festival.
30. Cheryl Newman / @cherylnewman1
Photo Director at Telegraph magazine.
31. Jennie Ricketts / @jennieric
Picture editor for the Observer Magazine c.1996-2004. Launched jenniericketts.com photography gallery in 2006.
32. Prison Photography / @brookpete
Freelance scrawler, photography, prisons, and social justice. Writer for Raw File blog, WIRED photo blog, and BagNews Notes.
33. Sacha Lecca / @sachalecca
Senior Photo Editor at Rolling Stone.
34. Emily Shornick / @EmilyShornick
Photo Editor at NY Mag’s The Cut.
35. Conor Risch / @c_risch
Senior Editor for PDNonline.
36. Manuela Oprea / @Takeoff
Photo Editor at Bloomberg Markets Magazine.
37. Katrin Eismann / @SVADigitalPhoto
Artist, author, educator, digital photography fiend.
38. Geordie Wood / @geordiewood
Photographer and Photo Editor at The FADER.
39. Olivier Laurent/ @olivierclaurent
Associate Editor at the British Journal of Photography and new TIME LightBox Editor.
40. Bruno Decock / @brunodecock
Documentary photographer and International Photo Editor for Medecins Sans Frontieres/Doctors without Borders (MSF).
41. Clint Alwahab/ @calwahab
Photo editor at CNN and photographer.
42. Becky Senf / @RebeccaSenf
Photography curator at Phoenix Art Museum.
43. Leslie K. Brown / @LeslieLKB
Curator, photo historian, educator, PhD candidate in History of Photography.
44. David Griffin / @dgriffin56
Visuals Editor of The Washington Post, former Director of Photography of National Geographic Magazine.
45. aphotoeditor / @aphotoeditor
Former Director of Photography at Men’s Journal and Outside Magazine. Publisher/Editor of A Photo Editor.
46. Elizabeth I. Johnson / @elizabethij
Senior Photo Editor and typist for CNN Photos.
47. Pamela Chen / @pc
Senior Photo Editor at National Geographic Magazine.
48. Mary Vignoles / @MVignoles
Photo Editor at Los Angeles Times.
49. JamesEstrin / @JamesEstrin
Co-Editor and Senior Staff Photographer at New York Times Lens Blog.
50. Pancho Bernasconi / @DailyLuca
Director of Photography at Getty Images.
51. Oliver Lang / @oggsie
Mobile photography curator, Instagram commercial and cultural consultant.
52. Sophie Wright / @wrightsophie
Cultural and Print Room Director at Magnum Photos.
53. Rebecca Douglas-Home / @BeccaDH
Picture Editor, London.
54. Elizabeth Avedon / @elizabethavedon
Independent photography curator and writer.
55. Susan Bright / @SusanBrightNYC
Curator and writer, NYC.
56. Tony Bell / @bellyboy69
Picture Editor at the Observer.
57. ANTON / @PhotoAnton
Photographer, founder of Photographers Dining Club, producer of ‘Analogue Tribes’ short films.
58. Katy Barron / @KBarronPhotos
Independent photography curator and consultant, London.
59. Andy Adams / @FlakPhoto
Editor, producer, publisher at FlakPhoto.com
60. Anne McNeill / @impgalleryanne
Director of Impressions Gallery, not for profit contemporary photography gallery, Bradford.
61. Sarah McDonald / @PhotoFramed
Curator at Getty Images and writer specializing in historical and press photography.
62. Mia Diehl / @MiaDiehl
Photography director of Fortune Magazine.
63. Larissa Leclair / @LarissaLeclair
Founder of Indie Photobook Library, and photography curator and writer.
64. Luanne Dietz / @LuanneDietz
Photo Editor at The San Francisco Chronicle.
65. Crusade for Art / @Crusade4Art
(Jennifer Schwartz) Creator/director of Crusade for Art, a non-profit dedicated to building artists’ capacity to create demand for their work.
66. Andy Greenacre / @andygreenacre
Picture Editor at The Telegraph Magazine.
67. dbram / @dbram
(David Bram) Editor of Fraction magazine.
68. Julie Grahame / @aCurator
Publisher and editor of aCurator.com, a full-screen online photography magazine.
69. Gerry Brakus / @gerrylb
Ex-Deputy Picture Editor of The Independent. Acting Photography Editor of New Statesman.
70. Ryan Grimley / @RLGrimley
Currently picture desk intern at Wallpaper* Magazine and holds the fort at Darwin Magazine.
71. Gary Hershorn / @GaryHershorn
Photojournalist and Photo Editor freelancing after 29 years working for a global news agency.
72. Daria Scolamacchia / @dariascola
Editor at Fabrica.
73. Keith W. Jenkins / @keithwj
Director of Photography for National Geographic Digital and former head of multimedia at NPR.
74. Kate Barrett / @kateelisabee
Associate Photography Editor at Wallpaper* Magazine.
75. Stellazine / @StellaKramer
Photo Editor and creative consultant working with photographers to help their careers.
76. Foto8/Jon Levy / @FOTO8
Foto8 connects documentary photographers, authors and audiences creating interactive displays, photography exhibitions, books and magazine publications.
77. Brian Storm / @BrianStorm
Founder and Executive Producer of MediaStorm.
78. Jen Bekman / @jenbee
Founder and CEO of 20×200.
79. Lesley A. Martin / @lamartin
Photobooks and other good things. Digi-curious, print passionate.
80. Josh K Lustig / @joshklustig
Assignments Editor at Panos Pictures and publisher of Tartaruga Press.
81. Greg Whitmore / @G_Whizzz
Picture Editor at The Observer.
82. Delphine Bedel / @delphinebedel
Photographer, lecturer, photobook publisher, curator and Founder of Monospace Press, Amsterdam Art/Book Fair.
83. Christine Santa Ana / @christinecurate
Independent photography curator, Pop-Up Exhibitions with Of The Afternoon.
84. Shawn Waldron / @shawnwald
Senior Director, Conde Nast Archive.
85. Jörg M. Colberg / @jmcolberg
Writer, photographer, teacher.
86. David Drake / @ffotodavid
Curator, writer and producer, Director of ffotogallery.
87. Hamidah Glasgow / @HamidahGlasgow
Executive Director of The Center for Fine Art Photography, Colorado.
88. Susan Spiritus / @SusanSpiritus
Owner/Director of Susan Spiritus Gallery, representing emerging and mid-career photographers since 1976.
89. Ashley Byford-Bates / @ashb_bates
Global Head of Reuters Pictures and Archive Products.
90. Micha Bruinvels / @michabruinvels
Manager Contests at World Press Photo.
91. Teru Kuwayama / @terukuwayama
Hoover Institution fellow, Senior TED fellow, Ochberg fellow at Dart Center for Journalism & Trauma, and Knight fellow at Stanford.
92. Amy Yenkin / @AmyYenkin
Director of the Documentary Photography Project at the Open Society Foundations.
93. Max Houghton / @MaxHoughton8
Senior Lecturer in Photography at London College of Communication.
94. Chiara Palazzo / @cvpalazzo
Assistant Picture Editor at The Telegraph.
95. Eric Baradat / @Ebaradat
Photo Editor-in-Chief of Agence France-Presse.
96. Donna Cohen / @donnatova
Photo Editor at Bloomberg Businessweek magazine.
97. Lars Boering / @larsboering
Managing Director of FotografenFederatie of the Netherlands, art dealer at Lux Photo Gallery, teacher and consultant.
98. Chelsea Matiash / @cmatiash
Photo Editor at Wall Street Journal.
99. Jordan G. Teicher / @teicherj
Covers photography for Slate.
100. Tom Gifford / @graphitegrey
Senior Creative Artworker at Table19.
101. Tabish Khan / @LondonArtCritic
Reviewer of art and museum exhibits for Londonist, and weekly top 5 on FAD.
Did we miss someone you think should be on the list? Feel free to let us know in the comments section below.