SPONSORED BY AVALON MEDIA INCORPORATED D/B/A FEATURE SHOOT
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Voting Entry Period: “Name Of Contest” (the “Contest”) commences at 12:00:01 AM (ET) on June 29, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on July 17, 2015 (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (ET) on July 17, 2015, subject to extension by the Sponsor Entity in its sole discretion.
3. Contest Overview: Entry into this Contest is accomplished by submitting, in accordance with these Official Rules, up to five (5) photos to [email protected]
4. Eligibility: The Competition is not open to residents of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Myanmar/Burma, Syria, Zimbabwe and any other U.S. sanctioned country and is void in Puerto Rico, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. By participating in this Contest, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by the Sponsor Entity, and by the decisions of the Sponsor Entity, which are final in all matters relating to the Contest; (b) to release and hold harmless Sponsor Entity and its respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery; and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
5. To Enter: Visit link and submit images according to the specifications set on that post including (i) emailing up to five (5) flora and fauna photographs taken by you (“Photo”); (ii) and submit them as instructed. Up to five (5) Photos per entry, one entry per person/e-mail address or Instagram profile. All Photos and entry form shall be collectively referred to herein as “Submission.” All Submissions will not be acknowledged or returned. Only fully completed Submissions are eligible.
All Photos should be of flora or fauna. Each Submission must be an original work of entrant and not infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy, or other intellectual property or contractual rights of any person or entity. Only digital entries will be accepted. Digital files must be sent in jpeg or tiff format, measuring 620 pixels on their longest dimension, saved for web under 200 kb. Images may be color profiled in RGB, Adobe-1998, or not color-managed. Sponsor Entity shall have the right to crop, adapt, and publish any or all of the entries and Photos, and may authorize others to do for the purposes of the Contest and for the purpose of displaying the Photos on the Feature Shoot Site and the Feature Shoot Instagram. By entering this Competition, entrant gives the Sponsorship Entity an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide royalty-free license use the Submission on the Feature Shoot Site, Feature Shoot Instagram, Feature Shoot Facebook, Feature Shoot Twitter, magazines, and in promotional, and advertising materials, without compensation to the entrant, his or her successors or assigns, or any other person or entity, except where prohibited by law, and entrant waives any right to inspect or approve the finished version(s). Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor Entity.
Entrants must also electronically acknowledge and agree to the terms of these Official Rules. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries”. The odds of becoming a winner depend on the number of Eligible Entries received.
By entering, all entrants warrant and represent that (a) their respective Submissions are their own 100% original creations; (b) their respective Submissions do not incorporate any intellectual property from any third parties (without appropriate releases); and (c) that their submissions do not violate any rights (including any rights of privacy, rights of publicity or copyrights) of any third parties.
In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning online entry, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account or Instagram feed used to participate in the Contest at the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entrants may be required to provide us with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the associated e-mail address.
6. Winners Selection/Notification: Eligible, selected entries will be judged by Feature Shoot’s Instagram followers (the “Judges”). There will be two (2) rounds of evaluation. In round one the Feature Shoot team will review the submitted images and select a group of finalists to proceed to Round Two on the basis of interesting and original work (the “Judging Criteria”). In round two, the Judges, using the Judging Criteria will collectively select the winners, from among the entries selected in round one. On or about July 20, 2015, the top eligible entrants with the highest votes will be declared the winners. Entries that are deemed inappropriate to the image of Sponsor Entity, and/or slanderous, lewd or otherwise offensive will be disqualified, in Sponsor Entity’s sole discretion. The potential winners will be notified by e-mail and/or telephone on or about July 20, 2015. If a potential Winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within three (3) days of prize notification, or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential Winner forfeits all rights to any prize, and an alternate winner will be awarded the prize. All decisions of the Judges and/or Sponsor Entity is final and binding in all respects.
7. Winner Verification: Each potential Winner must prove eligibility. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winner, such potential Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential Winner may be awarded the prize, in the Sponsor Entity’s sole discretion. The Winner must sign within three (3) days of receipt of such documents from Sponsor Entity: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Sponsor Entity and their officers, directors, employees, agents, members, affiliated companies and subsidiaries, from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Contest directly or indirectly from acceptance, possession, or misuse of any participation in this Contest to be eligible for the Grand Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sponsor Entity the right to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation. Entry into this Contest constitutes agreement to sign such releases. Winners also must acknowledge that Sponsor Entity has not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Grand Prize and that Winners will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any form of insurance relating to the prize. Winners must also complete any additional legal documents provided by the Sponsor Entity (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the prizes and return them as instructed within the timeframe specified by the Sponsor Entity or Winners may forfeit the prize at Sponsor Entity’s sole discretion. All decisions of the Sponsor Entity relating to the Contest are final. The Sponsor Entity expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason the Sponsor Entity deems necessary.
8. Grand Prize:
a. The Winners will receive: (i) a chance to show their work at Photoville on September 10-20, 2015 in Brooklyn, NY(ii) an announcement on the Feature Shoot Site (collectively, “Grand Prize”).
9. General Prize Terms: All costs and expenses in connection with the Prizes are solely the Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility. Upon entry into the Contest, each Grand Prize Winner (as well as all other entrants) is required to comply with any and all applicable national/federal, provincial/state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. The Sponsor Entity shall have no responsibility or obligation to the any Winner or any potential Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize Prize as described herein.
No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Prize or any portion thereof is permitted, except Sponsor Entity, in its sole discretion, reserve the right to substitute prize of greater or equal value. The prize is non-transferable.
10. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER OR SPONSOR ENTITY INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR ENTITY’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
Sponsor Entity assumes no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest. Sponsor Entity is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, or any incomplete, lost, late, delayed, misdirected or garbled Submissions or failure to receive Submissions, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials or software or attempts to participate in or download materials or software related to this Contest. Sponsor Entity is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the Prize and the Grand Prize Winners. If, for any reason, the Contest (including, but not limited to, any aspect of the online voting process) is not capable of running as planned, or are disrupted or corrupted, including, without limitation, strikes, acts of war or terrorism, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical or system failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor Entity which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest or for any reason Sponsor Entity deems it necessary, Sponsor Entity reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest or to determine the Winners in their sole discretion. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on https://www.featureshoot.com and the Grand Prize may be awarded to winners to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor Entity. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor Entity is final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other online or text message entries are permitted. Sponsor Entity reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Contest; (iii) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (iv) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR ENTITYRESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor Entity from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sponsor Entity, and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor Entity has neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the Prize.
11. Request for the Names of the Grand Prize Winners and Official Rules: For the names of the Grand Prize Winners and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
“Feature Shoot 2015 Flora and Fauna Show”
c/o Avalon Media
159 20th Street, 1B
Brooklyn, NY, 11232
All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of the Grand Prize Winners must be made by April 1, 2016. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or the names of the “Grand Prize Winners”. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
12. Sponsor: This Contest is sponsored by Avalon Media Incorporated, d/b/a Feature Shoot at Brooklyn Works 159 20th Street, #1B, Brooklyn, NY 11232.